UAE and KSA LAUNCH A VAT TAXPAYER LOOKUP
Registered Businesses can now check and verify if their suppliers are VAT Registered or not, through the Value Added Tax (VAT) Registration Number Look up in the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) website. This service has been lunch by the FTA to aid registered businesses in reclaiming their input VAT by making sure their suppliers are VAT registered too. This can be done through the FTA’s e-services page.
The same service has been launched by the General Authority for Zakat and Tax (GAZT) of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) for the same purpose. Validating can be done by using the 15 digits VAT Account number, which is generally shown on the invoice.
GAZT, in addition, has provided two other search methods listed below:
- Searching by the Company Registration Number (CR - comprised of 10 digits) which the supplier can provide upon request.
- Searching by the VAT Certificate Number (comprised of 15 digits) which can be found on the supplier’s VAT Registration Certificate.
Here are the steps on how to use the listed methods above:
- Select your search parameter (VAT Account Number, Company Registration Number or VAT Certificate Number).
- Enter the exact parameter number in the search field.
- Click on “Search” button to obtain the results.